I'm going to hell for saying this but is Mary back on drugs? Did y'all see her BURGER KING commercial?

*~WhitePicketDreams~*

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-_-:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The commercial has been taken down....I guess no one was expecting Mary to get DRAGGED like she was. -_- lol

How could she or her people not know though?! I mean really. Even if they thought it would be ok when they first got approached, and read the script....after hair and makeup and they standing there about to film SOMEBODY there knew this was stupid and corny as fuck and shoulda grabbed some chicken wraps and ran

How could she or her people not know though?! I mean really. Even if they thought it would be ok when they first got approached, and read the script....after hair and makeup and they standing there about to film SOMEBODY there knew this was stupid and corny as fuck and shoulda grabbed some chicken wraps and ran

Someone was asleep at the switch! lol

Then again, they do have some big names attached to these new commercials. I guess Mary's team thought it would be perceived as "cute"...it BACKFIRED! >_< lol

Y'all should of known her gutter mouth ass was gonna do some trashy shit but honestly I never expected this but then again I don't expect much from her anyway except for maybe another crack binge :rolleyes:

The commercial is bad, but the references to drugs in this thread are downright mean. It's uncalled for, never make fun of someone's personal struggle.

Why Did Burger King Yank Mary J. Blige's Commercial?

Mary J. Blige “don’t need no hateration…”

But she could sure use “Crispy chicken, fresh lettuce, three cheeses / Fresh dressing wrapped up in a / Tasty flour tortilla!”

The Queen of Hip-Hop Soul is a hot topic on the blogosphere this week after her spankin’ new singing ad spot for Burger King was allegedly yanked by the fast food chain. Possibly at the root of the move is criticism slung at BK and MJB by fans who think there’s something slightly sinister (read: racist) about a Sista singing the praises of fried chicken for all to see.

Jazz goddess Ella Fitzgerald did the same thing in her 1982 commercial for Kentucky Fried Chicken. But in the uberly-politically-correct world of 2012, Mary may have made a career misstep that could provide the blueprint for a Saturday Night Live sketch.

It’s the next logical step after a clip of you singing about chicken on a table becomes a viral meme.

Gawker writes:

“Blige’s spot is part of BK’s highly touted rebranding effort. Celeb-centric commercials featuring Jay Leno, Salma Hayek, David Beckham and Blige all appeared online yesterday. The commercials of the first three remain on BK’s official YouTube channel; Blige’s does not. The Blige backlash was swift, though, with mocking approaching meme levels over the ridiculous spot, in which the people’s diva stands on a table and rhapsodizes, ‘Crispy chicken, fresh lettuce, three cheeses, ranch dressing wrapped up in a tasty…flour…tortilla.’”

“The stereotype perpetuation of a black woman espousing the virtues of fried chicken is never a pleasant thing to behold, although Octavia Spencer didn’t cause much of an uproar for saying in The Help (for which she won an Oscar), ‘Trying chicken just tend to make you feel better about life’ in a scene that was not intended to make you want to kill yourself.”

Burger King, however, denies that public backlash prompted the company to pull Mary’s ad. Bosses at the chain blame a “licensing issue” for the move and have vowed to get the campaign back on the air — and the Interwebs — soon.

http://www.popcrunch.com/why-did-burger-king-yank-mary-j-blige-commercial/

Was racism really the issue? :unsure: I thought it was just because it was awful. :lol:

Crispy Chicken... fresh lettuce.... 3 cheeses... french dressing

2yper1j.jpg

+1 you dirty bitch! :lmao:

There was no racial issue; The buzz with the commercial was that it was tacky as hell.

exactly

well i guess David Beckham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f8qz2Ssr6c

and

Jay Leno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouxyzwHpwt4

are on drugs too for doing the commercial

Mary did it for money

I saw this commercial and kept trying to figure out who he was. I thought it was an actor :lol:

Archived