The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

I never got the hype over mary...she doesnt sing anything i can relate to...to me her audience is catered to middle aged black women...thats just me

I think thats her main demographic, but she has ALOT of straight guys-rap fans because of all the collaborations she's done with most huge rappers in the indsutry. Like I think Mary has something for everybody, but yea theres alot of people who don't like Mary so I get it. Shit she gave me my life with My Life the song and album lol, I always suggest it but yea she aint for everybody. Mary's touched me with her music on a deeper level than Brandy with the My Life & Mary album

I think thats her main demographic, but she has ALOT of straight guys-rap fans because of all the collaborations she's done with most huge rappers in the indsutry. Like I think Mary has something for everybody, but yea theres alot of people who don't like Mary so I get it. Shit she gave me my life with My Life the song and album lol, I always suggest it but yea she aint for everybody. Mary's touched me with her music on a deeper level than Brandy with the My Life & Mary album

well alright...i mean i like some of her stuff...but I dont be checking for her and wouldnt miss her from the music world....i like her though

I think the song was initially about her current relationship. however as the song was performed live by brandy and became a fan favorite, it took on a different meaning and has almost become a thank you to them. I think that's what she is displaying with this video. The casting call was sent out to all her fans in the LA area and those are the extra and people in the video. I like the fact that she did a performance video, and i'm sure she saved a lot of coins because I don't think she paid the fans. :asham:

I love Brandy, but the bitch is on a budget, so i understand. :coffee:

I thought she was part model, like idk, I could've sworn with a Tyra Banks interview a few years (well actually quite a few years back) she said Brandy was signed to a agency.....idk, could be wrong about that but I know she was talking about Brandy and how she just loves her

This is my question.

Isn't the point of an artist releasing a specific song as a single is because they feel it indeed has potential to be #1 and/or a hit?

Why on earth was "Wildest Dreams" chosen? Don't get me wrong...its grown on me and I like it but I just dont in any kind of way,form or fashion see how this song could be a homerun for her or even compete with the music on the charts now. Its such a strange choice to me ...it doesn't have enough "uumphh" to shoot up the charts.

This is my question.

Isn't the point of an artist releasing a specific song as a single is because they feel it indeed has potential to be #1 and/or a hit?

Why on earth was "Wildest Dreams" chosen? Don't get me wrong...its grown on me and I like it but I just dont in any kind of way,form or fashion see how this song could be a homerun for her or even compete with the music on the charts now. Its such a strange choice to me ...it doesn't have enough "uumphh" to shoot up the charts.

I remember in interviews Brandy mention "So Sick" and "Without You" as her choice for the second single. I assume label politics came into play and that's how "Wildest Dreams" came.

This is my question.

I actually agree with you, but fans loved it out the gate. Plus it has sentimental value because it was inspired by her relationship with Ryan. But I never saw it as a second single. "Let me go", "Without you", "No such thing" or even "Do you know" would have all been better picks in my opinion.

I actually agree with you, but fans loved it out the gate. Plus it has sentimental value because it was inspired by her relationship with Ryan. But I never saw it as a second single. "Let me go", "Without you", "No such thing" or even "Do you know" would have all been better picks in my opinion.

Thats cute but "fans" aren't enough to get you a hit record so really thats irrelevant. The love for a song has to be broader than ur hardcore fanbase. Her label has mos def mishandled this project imo

What is her current sales so far..I'm curious.

Thats cute but "fans" aren't enough to get you a hit record so really thats irrelevant. The love for a song has to be broader than ur hardcore fanbase. Her label has mos def mishandled this project imo

What is her current sales so far..I'm curious.

She doesn't have any broad songs on her album except the Chris Brown song because it features a major recording star

She's at 100k in under a month.. Headed towards 250k by the end of the year and 300k by Spring and it'll be forgotten by June

She doesn't have any broad songs on her album except the Chris Brown song because it features a major recording star

She's at 100k in under a month.. Headed towards 250k by the end of the year and 300k by Spring and it'll be forgotten by June

You BITCH ...no one asked for the "future" rundown. :lol: