The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

Oz The Great And Powerful BNbltNR.pngBNbltNR.pngBNbltNR.pngpceo548.pngpceo548.png

It was good, but it really laid on the cheese. And I was a little underwhelmed by the green screen. It just felt pathetic at times.

I was definitely let down and didn't care for the movie at all. Got my hopes up for nothing and it would've been better off waiting for it on dvd :sigh:

Let down by the story or the effects? Or both?

I guess the story was ok. I went with 4 of my friends thinking it was gonna be everything with Dorothy, Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, and the Scarecrow. I didn't know it was a prequel til about 20 minutes into the movie when my homegirl told me :lol: I only enjoyed James Franco and that little porcelain doll. Everything else kinda sucked. Mila Kunis I don't care for her acting much at all and she didn't look right as the wicked witch. Her face seemed too big. James Franco looked nice but his crow's feet around his eyes didn't lol. I wish I wouldn't of seen it in 3D cause I don't think it was worth it. The effects weren't much to wow me and I only really liked when that river fairy spit the water in my face. Now seeing Life of Pi was definitely worth seeing in 3D. The effect were beautiful and awesome!
  • Upvote 1

I guess the story was ok. I went with 4 of my friends thinking it was gonna be everything with Dorothy, Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, and the Scarecrow. I didn't know it was a prequel til about 20 minutes into the movie when my homegirl told me :lol: I only enjoyed James Franco and that little porcelain doll. Everything else kinda sucked. Mila Kunis I don't care for her acting much at all and she didn't look right as the wicked witch. Her face seemed too big. James Franco looked nice but his crow's feet around his eyes didn't lol. I wish I wouldn't of seen it in 3D cause I don't think it was worth it. The effects weren't much to wow me and I only really liked when that river fairy spit the water in my face. Now seeing Life of Pi was definitely worth seeing in 3D. The effect were beautiful and awesome!

:sigh:

I saw it too and was totally unimpressed. I couldn't take Mila Kunis as the witch seriously at all, she was so goofy.

• Upvote 1

Tha'ts pretty much how I felt about it, too. Spoilers ahead: Apparently the original studio wouldn't grant the rights to the whole story or something, so that's why there were no ruby slippers, no Tin Man, no Scarecrow etc. But then you still had the yellow brick road and when he chased that lion away he called it "cowardly". :umm: I don't get it. I also agree about Mila not looking right. And I don't think they did enough to set up the love she felt for Oz. Are we really supposed to believe she was that pissed off after one kiss and a dance? :huh: But what REALLY irked me was the horrible use of green screen. The fantasy land they created was amazing but as soon as they wanted the actors to walk through it or interact with it there was an awkward and cheap feeling to it all. Like when Oz and Theodora were running away from the minions... that shit looked ridiculous. But what I did love was the finale with the smoke and projector, that looked really cool - and it was probably the most minimal effect they used. :lol:

It was also obvious they left it open for the next chapter by saying the witches will be back. I don't know if this is a multi-picture deal or what, but I hope they do a lot better next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw "The Call" with Halle Berry and it's by far one of the best movies i've seen in years!!! I didn't even think too much about wanting to see it but the ex wanted to see it and that shit had me on the edge of my seat and some of it was scary. I was like wtf :o I give it an A

Just saw "The Call" with Halle Berry and it's by far one of the best movies i've seen in years!!! I didn't even think too much about wanting to see it but the ex wanted to see it and that shit had me on the edge of my seat and some of it was scary. I was like wtf :o I give it an A

:umm: str8 up? Halle Berry? Oh no sir