Official "Miley Cyrus"thread. Katy shades Miley but Miley shades the fuck out of her back lol

JoeJoe

What I really don't like about the letter is she's making it seem like the industry execs are telling her what to do, & how to do it and Miley's just being a pupet to their demands when Miley's making it loud & clear that these are her ideas and her wanting to be outrageous and edgy. And I hate that she went on and on about "you have talent you don't need this" to be a pop queen ya kinda do need a contraversy or 2, all the best had them. Talent isn't enough to keep you on top these days, you HAVE to push the envelope somehow to be relevant if that's your goal, and it's hers, and she's being real about it. This was all her doing and the best thing is she's unapologetic about it. Miley's representing self expression in a way that her idols did. So I'm for it

What I really don't like about the letter is she's making it seem like the industry execs are telling her what to do, & how to do it and Miley's just being a pupet to their demands when Miley's making it loud & clear that these are her ideas and her wanting to be outrageous and edgy. And I hate that she went on and on about "you have talent you don't need this" to be a pop queen ya kinda do need a contraversy or 2, all the best had them. Talent isn't enough to keep you on top these days, you HAVE to push the envelope somehow to be relevant if that's your goal, and it's hers, and she's being real about it. This was all her doing and the best thing is she's unapologetic about it. Miley's representing self expression in a way that her idols did. So I'm for it

She said from the start that Miley shouldn't be doing whether she was pushed or chose to on her own. She said that multiple times throughout the letter mostly in the beginning of it. There's controversy and then there's this. You can have controversy without what Miley's doing.

She said from the start that Miley shouldn't be doing whether she was pushed or chose to on her own. She said that multiple times throughout the letter mostly in the beginning of it. There's controversy and then there's this. You can have controversy without what Miley's doing.

Yea but I just don't see what she's doing as really anything more than contraversial or pushing the enveloupe like it's not like shes Amanda Bynes & legitimately out of her mind and going nuts and being exploited, what the documentary tonight proved was she's smarter than she lets on when it comes to her image and what she wants, that she's young, dumb in her 20's and should just push the bounderies. Like personally I still think she's trying toooo hard, but thats how she wants to look, like a "hot mess", and I can respect that to an extent.

What I find to be extremely hypocritical is that for yrs female artists have expressed how the industry is a MALE DOMINATED industry and as females they have to fight to break down barriers to be expressive without limiting themselves artistically as women yet its other female artists who are condemning Miley as if she's the first female to be "rauchy" and/or controversial. Being a feminist but wantin other females to curb their expressive decisions/choices? You can't protest "freedom of expression" but then have limitations..it makes you just as bad as the "male dominated" world yall complain about.

• Upvote 1

Very shocked how much of a prude she is about that

Sinead is irrelevant. She was hardly relevant for 1 day since she wrote the open letter n now nobody is talking about it. BYE Sinead!

Finally, someone wrote a well balanced response. You go Sinead!!

Yeah she sure does need to go....Go away somewhere. Nobody's checkin' for her and haven't been since her only hit "Nothing Compares 2 U".She's the last one that needs to be giving advice after the shit she pulled

Oh, and I did check out her lil MTV show. I liked it but then again I crave any type of behind the scenes stuff. They could follow Elmo around and I'd still be glued to the tv.

Yeah I like it shows the person she is. Her mom is pretty. I guess she got some of the bad looks from her daddy :( I know some tried to say she can't sing but when I saw this I was like what y'all talking about? She has a voice that can fit a lot of different types of music. Bluegrass is the first link and the 2nd link is country. She did both great and the notes she hits towards the end of the 2nd link will make all who says she can't sing stfu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFZsunzjDXU

I agree with JIF... Seems like Miley wants to do this... And I don't see what she's doing as controversial.. Licking a sledgehammer? Psh... Being naked in music videos? That's pretty common since music video's existence

As long as Miley isn't in rehab or burning things in neighbors' yards..

If I were Miley I would not take a letter from some 46 year old has been seriously.. This is a career.

Sinead has been an advocate for female empowerment since day one. She has been saying this shit for years, she recently spoke out again since Miley referenced her as an inspiration in an article. She spoke nothing but the truth and Miley is indeed pimping herself...Im not mad at Miley though, get that money bitch...but I do wonder how far she will go just to be the talk of the town and if its really worth it.

I think it's worth it if thats your goal.

Thats what I'm really respecting about her (like I do with Britney) is that she's not aiming to be taken seriousl, she knows it and she don't care. I can only dig messyness when it's calculated.

Britney is a little different.. she been through so much more including being hounded by the press... and i mean HOUNDED

Britney is a little different.. she been through so much more including being hounded by the press... and i mean HOUNDED

But ofcourse. What I mean how they're similar is that Britney doesn't take her image seriously, she just seems like she's out to have fun and push the boundaries, being seen as this great artist isn't a major concern, being seen as a pop icon is. When your real about that, I can respect you.

But ofcourse. What I mean how they're similar is that Britney doesn't take her image seriously, she just seems like she's out to have fun and push the boundaries, being seen as this great artist isn't a major concern, being seen as a pop icon is. When your real about that, I can respect you.

I think she gave up... not to mention she has children now that she cares for more than her career... or image

I don't think Britney is real about it

I think she gave up... not to mention she has children now that she cares for more than her career... or image

I don't think Britney is real about it

OH well yea specifically post bald Britney is just going through the motions, but I mean specifically prime Britney & Miley have what I described in common.

This is well written and there are good points to be explored, but nothing compares 2 the number of seats Sinéad can have. This is a woman who recently tattooed her face. Tattoos she put there because of a man. She's in no position to be dishing out advice to young women. Miley's naked "art" > THAT.

......Have I told you lately that I love you? LOL THAT 1st SENTENCE SUMMED UP MY FEELINGS COMPLETELY, but then the rest slays as well but "nothing compares to the number of seats can have" is beautiful

This is well written and there are good points to be explored, but nothing compares 2 the number of seats Sinéad can have. This is a woman who recently tattooed her face. Tattoos she put there because of a man. She's in no position to be dishing out advice for young women. Miley's naked "art" > THAT.

She..wha..what?! :mellow:*sigh*

meryl-facepalm.gif

Miley responded

@MileyCyrus7h

Sinead. I don't have time to write you an open letter cause Im hosting & performing on SNL this week.

@MileyCyrus15h

Before Amanda Bynes.... There was.... pic.twitter.com/6JZPVnunPc

Someone trying to be Rihanna -_-. Lol at the SNL tweet though - that was funny.

Dead at the SNL tweet :lol:

Miley Ray Cyrus@MileyCyrus

8h

So if youd like to meet up and talk lemme know in your next letter. :)