Fighting at Burger King over a damn double whopper

JoeJoe

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joejoe, you need anger management. Just because they forgot the cheese, doesn't mean you need to spaz out. :sigh:

and you need to fix that computer with your double posting ass :rolleyes:

I have grown up around white people and black people, and yes white people do stuff like this too. Not as much though.

Get on a train and the inpector gets on, why is it the person without a ticket or pass is the only black person on the carriage - Ive seen it time and again.

Sitting in a restaurant and everyone is being normal, then you suddenly hear yelling and screeching - yep you bet, its black people.

Lets be honest, too many black people behave as if they just escaped from a damn zoo.

There are negative things associated with black people which are sterotypes which come with a certain amount of truth. Of course MOST black people don't behave that way, but comparitively too many do.

The above video is typical.

If you want to talk about white sterotypes we can too.......walking past a pub at night and people are fighting - usually white people! Someone being sick in the gutter with her skirt around her waist, yep a white chick....works both ways, A big problem with black society is that it has too many apologists and people who seem in denial.

Really?

:whistle: @ what happened to this thread!

Im sure many blk people have felt ashamed of viewing similar behaviour to that displayed in the video, shit im sure i have. What I think SOB is saying is that we feel this shame but we want to "not be viewed badly" by the majority/mainstream - basically white people...and that IS definetly a white supremacy thing instilled in black people from slavery. White people dont ever say that. Its more of a western thing too. In the unlikely event that the footage occurred in Africa,their people would say "THOSE" black people are a disgrace to OUR race...not that they are ashamed to be black.

I've asked you to name them before, to give me references, to point me to the research. You still haven't.

Dude, you think you're dealing with an amateur, right? Come on now, Paul. You know better than that.

Yes sir! Read THE NEW JIM CROW, where all the studies, the margins of error, the comparative data (which includes not just other cities, but other countries), the sources, the authors, and the institutions are cited!

I'm not being ignorant. I'm being precise.

I can't even say that I'm disappointed in you because you're only being who I've always known you to be. At the very least, you're consistent, even if you fail to evolve.

Everything that I told you about statistical analysis is a fact. ALL factual data is skewed. e.g prison stats say that proportionally more black men are in prison than white men. That is a fact. The problem with that fact is that it doesn't actually prove that more black men are criminals than white men, just that more are caught because more are targetted by police, inequality in the justice system etc etc....People will take that fact and say that actually more black men are criminals than white men.

And no I don't think I am dealing with an amateur at all, but the sad thing is that it seems you think you are dealing with someone unintelligent and uneduacted. You also presume that in my 10 years on this board that I haven't evolved. You don't know me.

What I know is that you are the one dishing out insults, the one who seems to be lacking in humility and the one that is actually being judgemental.

My point in this thread is that IN MY OPINION certain stereotypes are based in truth. Thats all. People are allowed to have their own opinions and argue from them. It is called critical thinking. You seem intent on arguing from a perspective drawing from external evidence, but unwilling to accept that the evidence you are using can be as skewed as my opinion.

Anywhoo....have a great day!

Only black people tend to feel this way.

When one black person in America does something bad, we somehow believe that it reflects on the other 30 million black people in the country. When one white person in America does something bad, we somehow believe that it's just about that one individuals bad behavior.

That's a psychotic way to approach and live in the world.

I would never, EVER be ashamed to be black (not when I'm in the company of people like James Baldwin, Toni Morrison, Shirley Chisholm, Jay Smooth, Cornel West, etc, etc, etc) just because a few people in some videos posted to the web wild out.

White people wild out on video, too. I don't hear white people saying they're ashamed to be white.

Insecurity mixed with self hate... I wouldn't even bother to say anything to them baldwin..

Welp, someone just got snatched. :lmao:

It's the same stunt but with a different stunt queen. Trackboy tried that shit when he was trying to shade Janet on the low. *speaks in an ignorant manner SOB is accustomed to* I loathe when niggas try to act boogie when they learn something and fail at applying it in life. They're just as much of an embarrassment to the black community as the ghetto blacks in the following video:

There wasn't a need for him to attempt at making a big deal from a post that wasn't serious at all. I didn't even bother with his shit, because he was making the assumption that only the black race does it...just because he doesn't see it on this board, which is mostly filled with black members, doesn't' mean other races don't. I just agreed with Harpo when he said they were reading too much into what I said, which is true. He tried to come off smart only to show how much of an ignorant dumbass he is...especially when he tried to switch up the topic and put it on Harpo and myself. Basically the nigga ain't shit.

Austin,

God, there is so much that is FLAWED in your interpretation of that data that I can't address it in a post.

Please, for truth's sake, read THE NEW JIM CROW. That's all I ask. If you're not convinced afterward, then I'll agree to disagree.

Paul,

I'm going to step away from our discussion because I remember that the last time we got into it, it ended badly, and I like us as friends rather than enemies. Honestly.

Henri,

I asked because I wanted to know if you earned your degree in sociology or anthropology or psychology or statistics or history or even American studies, which, I think , pertain to the subject we're discussing. In other words, I wanted to know if you were, to whatever degree, an expert on these matters.

I don't think about it in terms of "winning" or "losing" an argument, especially not when it comes to message board discussion. I measure it by determining if I'm being persuasive or not. Obviously, I'm not being persuasive, but I don't think that has anything to do with the content of my posts as much as it has to do with people deciding that their own way of looking at things is right no matter what's offered in contrast.

Myself, on the other hand, I WANT to be educated when I'm wrong. So I took a look at the data Austin presented.

Austin believes he's shown me evidence that black people use drugs more than white people. But what his data fails to articulate is that black drug users are more likely than white drug users to:

1. admit that they use drugs, and;

2. enter drug treatment facilities to actually receive treatment.

And since they're more likely to self-identify, they're more likely to be counted in surveys like the one Austin presented. And also, even though the studies show that blacks are no more likely than whites to use drugs and that, in fact, white people, in America, use and sell drugs equal to or more than black people, police departments are incentivized to enforce drug policies primarily in black neighborhoods. So, of course, more black people are arrested. To verify my story, read THE NEW JIM CROW, by Stanford professor Michelle Alexander, which has an entire section dedicated to presenting the evidence and sources and peer-reviewed studies and government data and state statistics for what I've communicated.

If you're still not convinced, then I'll happily agree to disagree.

And hey, if I offended Paul, Austin, Henri, Harpo or anyone else by calling you out of your names, I want to apologize. I don't think I did that, but if I did, I'm sorry.

Henri,

I asked because I wanted to know if you earned your degree in sociology or anthropology or psychology or statistics or history or even American studies, which, I think , pertain to the subject we're discussing. In other words, I wanted to know if you were, to whatever degree, an expert on these matters.

And as I said you don't have to be educated to have common sense. I even told you it wasn't that serious right after you replied to me, but you carried on. That should have been where common sense kicked in and told you that you were seeing something that wasn't there. I see if I replied to JoeJoe and told him I was dead serious about my post, but it wasn't anything serious at all. We're done speaking about it.

And as I said you don't have to be educated to have common sense. I even told you it wasn't that serious right after you replied to me, but you carried on. That should have been where common sense kicked in and told you that you were seeing something that wasn't there. I see if I replied to JoeJoe and told him I was dead serious about my post, but it wasn't anything serious at all. We're done speaking about it.

No worries. And no hard feelings, either. It's serious subject matter and I just feel like it required serious attention.

It's the same stunt but with a different stunt queen. Trackboy tried that shit when he was trying to shade Janet on the low. *speaks in an ignorant manner SOB is accustomed to* I loathe when niggas try to act boogie when they learn something and fail at applying it in life. They're just as much of an embarrassment to the black community as the ghetto blacks in the following video:

There wasn't a need for him to attempt at making a big deal from a post that wasn't serious at all. I didn't even bother with his shit, because he was making the assumption that only the black race does it...just because he doesn't see it on this board, which is mostly filled with black members, doesn't' mean other races don't. I just agreed with Harpo when he said they were reading too much into what I said, which is true. He tried to come off smart only to show how much of an ignorant dumbass he is...especially when he tried to switch up the topic and put it on Harpo and myself. Basically the nigga ain't shit.

Let me go get a dust pan so I can sweep up these wigs. ohboy.gif

I get what he's saying about it being a supremacy thing. Yes we all try to please "The Man". But let's just be honest here, if you're not White, then you're almost treated as a second class citizen. Not only that, it's deeper than that. We all know how Blacks are painted in America by the media as well as other outlets. It's nothing more than attempt of people trying to escape the stereotypes and prejudice that have already been associated with Blacks. Also, it's not always a race thing. There have been times when me and my friends go out and there are some Blacks being coons in the presence of other Blacks and have been "disgusted" by their behavior. I would think Hispanics don't want to always be viewed as blue-collar workers. I would think the same for Asians and their bad driving, Indians and their curry, and French and their lack of hygiene.

A few gimmicks to add to the stunt list...

Tea?

:coffee:

I don't know if this is directed at me or not, but I just feel like unless you're going to engage the subject matter academically, then maybe you should just observe.

Paul and I disagree. Austin and I disagree. But in the end, it's about rigorous and intelligent discussion and debate.

If you're not going to offer that to a serious discussion, why offer anything at all?

No disrespect, just wondering.

Insecurity mixed with self hate... I wouldn't even bother to say anything to them baldwin..

sad smh

Good, then get there. :filenails:

you must don't realize that I still have some time before I go to work so let's not :coffee:

I don't know if this is directed at me or not, but I just feel like unless you're going to engage the subject matter academically, then maybe you should just observe.

Paul and I disagree. Austin and I disagree. But in the end, it's about rigorous and intelligent discussion and debate.

If you're not going to offer that to a serious discussion, why offer anything at all?

No disrespect, just wondering.

Did u apply this comment to all your inflammatory and derogatory remarks you made about other members

Austin,

God, there is so much that is FLAWED in your interpretation of that data that I can't address it in a post.

Austin believes he's shown me evidence that black people use drugs more than white people. But what his data fails to articulate is that black drug users are more likely than white drug users to:

1. admit that they use drugs, and;

2. enter drug treatment facilities to actually receive treatment.

No, that's what YOU believe. The data I posted was to illustrate that if Blacks have the highest rates of drug use/arrests, then it should be self-evident that cops would stop those who are Black.

Similarly, if I read a report that showed that Asians excel in mathematics, then naturally I would go to an Asian for assistance with math related questions.

Similarly, if I were a cop, and I read a report that men are usually the perpetrators in domestic disputes, when I go to a home that got a police call about domestic violence, naturally I'm going to think the man was the aggressor.

Get the point? Good.

Ah, see Henri.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, the respect entitled to any human being for no reason other than the fact you exist. Then you reverted to type.

It's a good thing, then, that your opinion of me has no bearing, whatsoever, on my actual life. My success doesn't require or desire your approval.

But could have at least been a more civil relationship between us had you remained, as difficult as it might have been, civil.

Ah, well. Such is life.

:cheers:

Did u apply this comment to all your inflammatory and derogatory remarks you made about other members

Did I? I know that I said earlier that if I called anyone out of their names, I apologize. But I'm not sure that I actually called anyone out of their names.

If I did, show me where and I will apologize again.

Archived