Fighting at Burger King over a damn double whopper

JoeJoe

I don't mind you rejecting reading the book (it's not a novel, by the way). But I'm going to have to correct you on a few things in regard to my character.

I am a card-carrying member of the Southern Poverty Law Center. My partner (who is an attorney) and I, along with the NYC charter, just met with Mayor Bloomberg's administration as well as the brass of the NYPD in regard to the incarceration of young men of color.

Along with the Macaulay Honors College and the Mellon Minority Fellowship, I put together a well-attended conference entitled "Standing and Understanding Together for Change: A Black History Month Celebration" at Brooklyn College, where a group of experts and intellectuals took a hard look at the ills of the black community and brainstormed about solutions.

I'm a mentor/big brother/part-time teacher/advocate to young black men in Geoffrey Canada's Harlem Children's Zone.

And lastly, I was an invited speaker, last year, at Columbia University's conference on race relations in NYC.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not at all xenophobic, but smart enough to know that I can't rely on my experiences alone to guide in regard to sociopolitical matters.

I didn't ask you about your credentials, nor do I care tbqh.

But it's clear the point sailed over your head.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of constantly repeating yourself, and me constantly repeating myself, why don't you review the evidence first-hand and then let's re-approach the subject after you've had the benefit of reading it? If you remain unconvinced, then we'll agree to disagree. What do you say?

http://www.amazon.com/New-Jim-Crow-Incarceration-Colorblindness/dp/1595581030

that sounds way too civilized, im used to folks being called uncle Toms, bitches and all kinds of stuff up in here :filenails: a true intellectual discourse taking place between well informed individuals?

Its funny how people always tout their so called academic success but yet when someone... Posts their academic and real world success it gets dismissed...

Congrats baldwin thats really good its good to see someone on here... Actually use their education and wisdom for something that really matters... Making random janet gifs and posting flop college blogs dont change the world.

I didn't ask you about your credentials, nor do I care tbqh.

But it's clear the point sailed over your head.

I'm sorry. Did you or did you not say this:

If you have to formulate your opinions based on novels written by others, rather than going out into the world and experiencing life, I will keep in my prayers that xenophobia doesn't consume a great deal of your adult life.

And did I, or did I not respond by:

1. providing you precise examples of how I go out into the world; and

2. then address your unfounded criticism directly by saying:

If what you're saying now is that you didn't mean what you said previously, I hope you're willing to explain, with better clarity, what you actually meant then.

If what you're saying now is that you didn't mean what you said previously, I hope you're willing to explain, with better clarity, what you actually meant then.

loves it :blush:

Its funny how people always tout their so called academic success but yet when someone... Posts their academic and real world success it gets dismissed...

Congrats baldwin thats really good its good to see someone on here... Actually use their education and wisdom for something that really matters... Making random janet gifs and posting flop college blogs dont change the world.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:lol:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thats what its about... the REAL WORLD not some dorm life... You can work hard to get all the degrees you want but what will you really do with it? Throw it in people faces or actually help change the world and help other people besides yourself. I always respected baldwin but honestly I'm impressed with what hes done so far... really inspiring... thats what its really about.

Dear GAWD! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What I've been saying this entire time is every thing that everyone has been posting! First off, you took Henri's comment literally. It was a joke that he makes all the time. Of course he's never serious about it. Only ppl who don't get it, take it seriously. Sorry to single you out. And I even said I see your point, but like I and Paul said, the data you used to support your argument is nearly baseless for a number of reasons that both of us pointed out. You can't rely on data because they don't tell the whole story. Paul even gave you an example with his use of the prison system. There is no way to accurately measure racism and prejudice because like I said a number of times - they're immeasurable.

As we've been saying, whether if you want to accept it or not, when you're the token race is a crowd, you represent that race as a whole. It's general association and stereotypes. We expect Blacks to be good at sports and music. We expect Whites to be good with business. We expect Asians to be good at math. That's the way love goes. It's similar to typecasting in movies. Like I said, in high school I heard stories about how ppl are surprised when Blacks speak eloquently. I heard the same thing when I came to college, and heard stories from ppl who come from different parts of the nation. If it's resonating in many parts of the nation, then it's safe to assume that it's partly true.

Dear GAWD! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What I've been saying this entire time is every thing that everyone has been posting! First off, you took Henri's comment literally. It was a joke that he makes all the time. Of course he's never serious about it. Only ppl who don't get it, take it seriously. Sorry to single you out. And I even said I see your point, but like I and Paul said, the data you used to support your argument is nearly baseless for a number of reasons that both of us pointed out.

That might have been what you've been saying this entire time, but it's not what you said in that post I was referring to.

When you've actually looked at my data, which you said you wouldn't, then you can comment it whether or not its baseless. Until then, you're only relying on what you believe is common sense, with no real context for it.

You can't rely on data because they don't tell the whole story.

Does that include the data that you and Paul posted, or just the data that I post? Because when I said that your data was flawed in that it didn't indicate several factors, you said that I was wrong.

:mellow: Time to be another race :umm:

Im so with Diane :blink:

1 They tow that muthafucka up it aint even a Burger King no more its Burger Prince now

2 Why the white girl in the video split like all hell when they started fighting she was gone bitch :lmao:

3 What is wrong with our people we ain't gotta get like this

4 Would it have been that hard to push that bitch back off the counter? she would have fell str8 back

Archived