The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

The charts keep them relevant no? And my purpose was to prove she wasn't relevant anymore.. (done).. and it only took 4 months..

In this thread, yes.... but that didn't stop Ralphy and/or Craig from posting iTunes links to singles & albums on facebook... :coffee: If they cared so much about JUST the music.. then they wouldn't post purchase links about it on their facebook like they're her marketing agents... you can tell Craig is mad with the flopping project, 9/11..

Ahead of which R&B artist? Frank Ocean, Chris Brown, & Usher, Ne-Yo sold double that...

Too bad No one remembers 2nd place :coffee: Don't call it a comeback

i do that with all my fave artists janet,riri, and brandy i did it when discipline came out i did it when all rihannas cds came out and i did it with diamonds, so u can have several seats trying to make something out of nothing

I'm so mad yall arguing now :lol:. I thought it'd be funny but shit got serious. Stop now please :(

Same here Ralphie (minus Usher - I haven't heard that yet lol). I only excited for Rih's album now tbh. Alicia is disappointing me so far and so is Keyshia. Tamias album was dope though.

I'm so mad yall arguing now :lol:. I thought it'd be funny but shit got serious. Stop now please :(

Same here Ralphie (minus Usher - I haven't heard that yet lol). I only excited for Rih's album now tbh. Alicia is disappointing me so far and so is Keyshia. Tamias album was dope though.

yea and riri of course she never disappoints. i cant stand alicia all she does is yell, and i havent heard tamias her 'between friends' album was good though

i do that with all my fave artists janet,riri, and brandy i did it when discipline came out i did it when all rihannas cds came out and i did it with diamonds, so u can have several seats trying to make something out of nothing

Ok... And you know that doesn't boost sales :umm: it's one thing to like something... But to push it in our faces every hour

Rihanna doesn't need your help

yea and riri of course she never disappoints. i cant stand alicia all she does is yell, and i havent heard tamias her 'between friends' album was good though

I'm a little worried with Rih this time because I went off Diamonds really fast and I never go off her singles. I hope she brings it - I can usually relate to her music because we seem to go through the same things at the same time lol.

I love Alicia :lol:. She's one of my faves. But I'm not feeling any of the new songs so far tbh.

Tamias album was nice. Lots of pretty love songs so I can't relate so much but it was cute.

why do u care, its my fb u can delete me no ones forcing u, its my fb so ill post w.e i want whenever i want to and u will deal

I don't remember saying I care

But you're the first two to mention how "sales don't matter" and "who cares about the sales and charts"

Yet your the first and only to post links to iTunes... Contradicting much?

543416_10151465337325410_2002338264_n.jpg

Glamour called Brandy’s album, Two Eleven her “most eclectic, idiosyncratic record to date”!

http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs/obsessed/2012/10/brandy-two-eleven-album-review.html

When people talk about Brandy, they often mention bits and pieces of her career, or mention it in its chameleonic stages.

But I hear little about how Brandy set a precedent for how young black women take on the limelight, while maintaining the impossible image of America's Sweetheart. And everybody remembers the charming and precocious girl from Moesha.

What I hear even less about is how Brandy has been an innovative force in the R&B world for quite some time. With 2004's Afrodisiac LP, she bared her soul, for better or for worse, collaborating with the late, great Aaliyah-mentor, Timbaland to produce that year's most philosophical, but unfortunately overlooked mainstream R&B album. She made an even more personal record with 2008's Human. (As a recommendation: Both of those are records I appreciate so much for their versatility and relatability that they make my list for my all-time favorite albums.)

And today, after well over a decade in the industry, Brandy brings us Two Eleven, her most eclectic, idiosyncratic record to date. The songs here are imbued with her signature raspy vocals, which overlap, loop, glide, and are full of yearning and passion. Two Eleven gets its name from Brandy's birthday, and, sadly, the day the world learned of Whitney Houston's untimely death. Whitney was also an idol and real-life mentor to Brandy. Let's all take a second to remember that groundbreaking Cinderella remake they did together, below!

Two Eleven is a triumph for Brandy because it most effectively positions her as the fighter she's always been. What may be a turn-off to some is the album's greatest strength: the A-list collaborators, ranging from Bangladesh and Sean Garrett to Switch and Frank Ocean have created a cohesive album with a glossy shine. And lots of digital blips, tics, and vocal stutters add a dose of weirdness, in the best way. The ease it takes to listen to this album creates more accessibility to Brandy's narratives, which are rich in emotional detail. Yes, all of the songs have mega-airplay potential--like crazy-catchy lead single "Put It Down"--but Brandy uses that to her advantage, especially on the ballads. "So Sick" cruises along on a spare, dreamy soundscape accented by wistful coos. And you believe Brandy might be in tears when she sings: "You can't let go 'cause you just can't help it./The only thing left to do is cry."

My favorite song on Two Eleven is the dynamic "Hardly Breathing." I love how the song authenticates and justifies its title and meaning. The beat has a pulse to it that reminds you of a heartbeat; the synths toward the end add a sense of emergency. What Brandy is asking us is: Have you ever loved someone or something so hard, only to end up heartbroken? And then to find someone new, and to be honest enough to tell them, "Handle me with care?" That is so, so brave, in my opinion, and speaks volumes for where Brandy has been, where's she's at now, and perhaps most important, where she's going.

Like I can't create a new account

Exactly, show just how much of an attention seeking whore(6th grade word) you are. Who creates an account on another board just to cause trouble? Someone who isn't fulfilled with their own life. You like to stir up shit and then act like you're above it all, and then go and run to the mods. That's some pussy ass shit.

On to better news. Brandy will be on "Watch What Happens Live" tonight. Tune in-- I'm sure Norman will be

Exactly, show just how much of an attention seeking whore(6th grade word) you are. Who creates an account on another board just to cause trouble? Someone who isn't fulfilled with their own life. You like to stir up shit and then act like you're above it all, and then go and run to the mods. That's some pussy ass shit.

On to better news. Brandy will be on "Watch What Happens Live" tonight. Tune in-- I'm sure Norman will be

I run to the mods? You're confusing me with Bailey bro

Cause trouble? Don't accuse me of doing something I haven't done.. Yeah I signed up... But trouble, I did not cause

Norman doesn't have cable and I find Brandy to be as boring as her 9/11 album

I'm shocked she sold this low but then again she hasn't had a hit yet. I can say that this is estimates right? When will the official sales be announced. I hope it at least did better than Kelly Rowland's cause Kelly actually had hits on her album

I'm shocked she sold this low but then again she hasn't had a hit yet. I can say that this is estimates right? When will the official sales be announced. I hope it at least did better than Kelly Rowland's cause Kelly actually had hits on her album

The official numbers will come out around next Thursday when the Hot 200 gets posted... The estimates are usually correct if not a few thousand off. Which is why they give a range of 5k

It took 2 minutes to sign up to Brandy's forum... I take it you didn't like the private message I sent you?

So basically you joined the Brandy forum just to leave craig a message, when you could have done that here. Not to mention he had already de-friended you on FB. Its apparent he doen't want to communicate with you, yet you're stalking him all over the internet. That's disturbing. :umm:

Was that supposed to be funny :umm:

oh ok I was finna say lol

I deleted him because he said I was spamming his timeline with links to iTunes. Since he doesn't know how to block my updates from showing on his timeline, I deleted him so he doesn't have to worry about my spam. Can I help you with anything else?