Janet UK tour postponed!

bu.

Oh do you? So you would rather have a Discipline, 20 YO than a great album :umm: no surprise there.. A lot of fans are stuck in the past :coffee: 

So the ONLY reason we got a great album is because Janet isn't capable of giving us both, a great album AND a grea era? Makes perfect sense. Your logic gets more and more pathetic. 

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 2

So the ONLY reason we got a great album is because Janet isn't capable of giving us both, a great album AND a grea era? Makes perfect sense. Your logic gets more and more pathetic. 

"great era" is subjective and I didn't say "we can have only have one or the other"

Neither are related to each other and it is based on the person's outlook and perception. For example the AFY era was a great era in the States but shitty for the EUROPEAN fans. 

You are failing to realize the difference between a signed artist and an Indy artist. You expect Janet to foot the bill for everything while you enjoy free entertainment.. That's not how this era works. 

I expect an amazing album.. Amazing album = amazing era. That's all I need. That's all I asked for. The tour is a bonus. NS video is a bonus.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"great era" is subjective and I didn't say "we can have only have one or the other"

Neither are related to each other and it is based on the person's outlook and perception. For example the AFY era was a great era in the States but shitty for the EUROPEAN fans. 

You are failing to realize the difference between a signed artist and an Indy artist. You expect Janet to foot the bill for everything while you enjoy free entertainment.. That's not how this era works. 

I expect an amazing album.. Amazing album = amazing era. That's all I need. That's all I asked for. The tour is a bonus. NS video is a bonus.

CONGRATULATIONS Game, that YOUR expectations have been met. I respect that. MINE and MOST of her fans havent. Respect ours. 

Janet is not the only indy artist out there, and she definitely has the means to give us some performances, and even one more video. That's great that you consider the album the era. As I've stated over, and over, and over. To me, Janet is not just an album artist. A PERFORMER is not an album era type of artist. Do you get it now? Or are we going to keep on repeating ourselves? I'm not convincing you otherwise, and you sure as hell aren't going to convince me. 

The ONLY person who is capable of changing my mind is Janet. If she is just preparing us for something great, and delivers, I will take everything I've said back. However, she seems to be trolling us, the ones who fell in love with her VISUAL art.

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 5

Janet was fine with the media all through the Number Ones, True You, Up Close and Personal era. Then she got married and she went silent suddenly. Everyone was rooting for her comeback. 

Thank you! That's what i've been saying. Don't give me the lame excuses about "I can understand how she feels cause of how the media did her." The media was back on her side for the "Discipline" era. Janet has been on tv since then. Wasn't she pretty much independent during the No.1s era too and she promoted the hell outta that on tv and everywhere else. After she got married it was a no no. We do know she attends Paris Fashion shows tho and she's gonna be performing at the Dubai World Cup in which nobody will get to see.

• Upvote 3

We do know she attends Paris Fashion shows tho and she's gonna be performing at the Dubai World Cup in which nobody will get to see.

that's not the first time she does that, she did the concert for this hotel in Bahamas before, or the one in the louvre museum in Paris. That's for the money and for the prestige I think. 

I can understand you think that since she got married she is not showing up but at the end of the day that's her choice and I guess she's enjoying the fact of having a normal life and she also assuming the consequences like she's loosing her conection with the public. ..

What can we do? 

• Upvote 1

that's not the first time she does that, she did the concert for this hotel in Bahamas before, or the one in the louvre museum in Paris. That's for the money and for the prestige I think. 

I can understand you think that since she got married she is not showing up but at the end of the day that's her choice and I guess she's enjoying the fact of having a normal life and she also assuming the consequences like she's loosing her conection with the public. ..

What can we do? 

I still wanna see footage of that concert from the Bahamas. True it's her choice but then nobody can get upset about how she makes fans feel about it. I'm good this era but I feel bad for the other fans and I can understand how they feel. I already have the 3 copies of the album. 1 pre-ordered online from her site, another from Target, One from her tour, and another from Itunes which has the "AFSheen mix of No Sleeep which is hot! Saw her front row, met some Janet fans from the forum. Ran into Gil and that's all i'll say about that. Had a great experience which turned my friend who liked Janet into a full blown Janet fan. Got my tour book and tour t-shirt so i'm all good.

What can we do? 

LMAO!!!!!! GET EM!!!! 

• Downvote 1

But a source at Janet’s tour producers Live Nation insisted to Page Six that sales in Europe were “decent.” “We were a month out and still very positive about the shows, but it didn’t make any sense to keep all the dates. She’s very ambitious right now. And when you’re that ambitious, there becomes conflict.”

The Live Nation source continued, “She has other businesses — some music, some brand-related. Janet has a complicated life. Her schedule was getting crazy, so we decided to pull this thing down . . . It may be moved to a later date.”

It's Page Six. They just got dragged by Mariah's team for making stuff up :lol:

the New York Daily news provided that link. Janet was trending on Yahoo when I posted it. I do believe it tho that Janet has all these other things she's doing as far as it being music and brand related. Part of that statement about LiveNation saying the tickets sales were decent in Europe is true. The tickets were selling decently

To Game's point about her being a Indy artist, look.at.Prince. He's a visual indy artist too, and when he left Warner Bros. he did DRAMATICALLY less videos than he did under contract, hell some albums he released had NO videos or tours or interviews, when you're paying for everything,it's a whole other ball park. And it's something I know alot of his fans complain about too, because worse than us they were spoiled with tons of music videos per era (we're more spoiled with interviews though). So yea being a Prince fan, this shit REALLY isn't that painful or hurtful to me beause it's the same thing he's gone through transitioning from a a signed artist to a independent 1.

• Upvote 2

it sounds like if what they're saying is true, (Page Six) Live Nation wants Janet to fall in line and commit to touring as they expect, but she's got so much going here and there I think LN pulled a hard and fast move to show whose really in charge.  :unsure:

But a source at Janet’s tour producers Live Nation insisted to Page Six that sales in Europe were “decent.” “We were a month out and still very positive about the shows, but it didn’t make any sense to keep all the dates. She’s very ambitious right now. And when you’re that ambitious, there becomes conflict.”

The Live Nation source continued, “She has other businesses — some music, some brand-related. Janet has a complicated life. Her schedule was getting crazy, so we decided to pull this thing down . . . It may be moved to a later date.”

So they didn't sell well. Talk about "spin." :coffee: 

the New York Daily news provided that link. Janet was trending on Yahoo when I posted it. I do believe it tho that Janet has all these other things she's doing as far as it being music and brand related. Part of that statement about LiveNation saying the tickets sales were decent in Europe is true. The tickets were selling decently

Aah ok fair enough. Yeah the tickets were selling ok. There were no sell outs but it was mostly the nosebleeds left from what I remember 

Edited by Dammn Bu