Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Angela said:

Got my cancellation notification today. Totally understand why. I hope she puts out a statement though. 

She will. Gil said "I would wait to hear from her lips" on Instagram. 🙏🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone who JUST got out of the hospital from battling Covid and her respiratory demons for almost a month.....fuck a tour! I'm here to tell you, take this shit seriously. Its already getting

Absolutely. No doubt about it, if you notice it she’s promoting it with what’s called nostalgic marketing - “with a special performance of RN”. She’s appealing to those who remember her highlight year

4 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

QTNA. 

MYOB 😳😝🤪

5 hours ago, Angela said:

Got my cancellation notification today. Totally understand why. I hope she puts out a statement though. 

I know. Sigh. Era that never was.....😫😭😭😭 But there’s too much going on in the world right now!!! Save it for 2021....if we’re still here by then!!! Sheesh!!! 😳😱👀💀👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

No one really wants the tour tbh, except for some of the stans. Just shoot a few videos (when possible) and drop the album. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, J. said:

No one really wants the tour tbh, except for some of the stans. Just shoot a few videos (when possible) and drop the album. 

Europe wants the tour 💁‍♂️

But we're willing to wait til Corona is under control. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has she said anything about the cancellations yet? Is it cancelled or just postponed?
 

It's too bad but there was no other option at this point with all that's going on. The State of the World tour was about what's going on right now. I wonder what she had in store for us with the BD. I hope she releases the album this year with some great new tracks... Something fresh and hopeful. Yes, hope, that's what we need right now.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as the music goes, Black Diamond as a concept would be an ideal project for right now. She could discuss any and everything from her unjust treatment and surviving it, to her motherhood & concerns as a mother, to the movement & her support of the movement & being a Black woman. She can literally create a very elevating & timely piece of art right now. 
 

Ultimately it would be for her core fan base but it would be something she could really stand on. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

She's said a lot about the state of the world during her career: The Rhythm Nation concept, New Agenda, Can't be stopped etc I thought the BD was going to be more about her personal journey. But it's all connected, so who knows what she had in store. I miss her! I've already seen enough fan videos and tributes. I wish she would release something new soon.

 

When it comes to her next project, I don't see her NOT addressing this madness in her art somehow... So we'll see how the BD eventually turns out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you guys know that (I saw on instagram) that one of Janet's nieces had a dog named Black Diamond. The dog has sadly passed away, but I just thought it was interesting/sweet that a dog might have inspired the name for this project. Well maybe it's just a coincidence, I don't know, but it made me smile nevertheless. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jinthahouse said:

Im here studying wow. Before the first date we would've gotten a  single and a music video for Black Diamond Tour

True. By now we definitely would've had the first single + music video, album cover, album release date. 😭 

On the other hand, we can still be excited for all these things at a later moment this year or 2021. 🙏🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2020 at 1:33 AM, jinthahouse said:

Im here studying wow. Before the first date we would've gotten a  single and a music video for Black Diamond Tour

This is not true. 

On 6/15/2020 at 4:24 PM, Jakob said:

True. By now we definitely would've had the first single + music video, album cover, album release date. 😭 

On the other hand, we can still be excited for all these things at a later moment this year or 2021. 🙏🏻

There wasn’t any promises or intentions to drop a song, video, & album cover. As a matter of fact, she was planning to unveil things on tour including the new music & while on tour start to phase in the new project. 
 

Honestly, the project was to give new material to her tour & fuel more sells. Janet has had music in the chamber since before, during, & after SOTW tour. 
 

At this point, she could drop an EP of new music/unreleased music. With some graphics & content to amplify it...that would just hold her over till next year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well regardless we know she’ll be releasing said album n tour in the near future. It’s just up to her n her team to find out what’s the best play to roll things out now. But racial tension is STILL too heavy and the corona virus seems to go away n come back worse again out of no where. Jesus!!! 😱😱😱

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

This is not true. 

There wasn’t any promises or intentions to drop a song, video, & album cover. As a matter of fact, she was planning to unveil things on tour including the new music & while on tour start to phase in the new project. 
 

Honestly, the project was to give new material to her tour & fuel more sells. Janet has had music in the chamber since before, during, & after SOTW tour. 
 

At this point, she could drop an EP of new music/unreleased music. With some graphics & content to amplify it...that would just hold her over till next year. 

I just wish she would hop as a feature on someone's track by time. Like a summer walker's album or migos album. Set the atmosphere for the coming of her album. I also lowkey wish she acted and did the soundtrack for Black Panther 2. HER AND DOJA CAT needs to collab with Janet

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 4:19 AM, FreelovesJJ said:

There wasn’t any promises or intentions to drop a song, video, & album cover. As a matter of fact, she was planning to unveil things on tour including the new music & while on tour start to phase in the new project. 

That wouldn't have made sense. The tour would've kicked-off in a few days. She was not gonna drop the first single after the first show (at least I don't think so). And yes, she said we would be getting the album before the end of the tour, but by now we would've had a release date and album cover. Why would you wait that long to reveal everything when the tour is already happening?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 4:20 PM, Kishi said:

Pushing the tour makes sense and I do think releasing the album in Fall is a good idea. 

I would be sooo happy if she is still releasing this year. Tour next year. Makes sense. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jakob said:

I would be sooo happy if she is still releasing this year. Tour next year. Makes sense. 

I hope so too. Fingers crossed but no hopes right now!!! 😫💀💀💀👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jakob said:

That wouldn't have made sense. The tour would've kicked-off in a few days. She was not gonna drop the first single after the first show (at least I don't think so). And yes, she said we would be getting the album before the end of the tour, but by now we would've had a release date and album cover. Why would you wait that long to reveal everything when the tour is already happening?

She wouldn’t be the first artist to do this. I’m 100% sure Beyoncé went on tour in 2013 months before she dropped her self-titled album. It’s not new for artists to phase it in while on tour. It could be a myriad of reasons: not having the album finished yet, still working through a promo schedule, etc. Those things could’ve been in work while touring. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 2:53 PM, Jakob said:

That wouldn't have made sense. The tour would've kicked-off in a few days. She was not gonna drop the first single after the first show (at least I don't think so). And yes, she said we would be getting the album before the end of the tour, but by now we would've had a release date and album cover. Why would you wait that long to reveal everything when the tour is already happening?

I can’t remember but I think Unbreakable the cover came out after the tour was underway I THINK! Janet in her later years has not moved to the “make sense” direction. She moves to the direction that fits her schedule & desires. IF she said before the tour ENDS that means at any given time while on tour...likely to keep interest going it would hit middle of the first leg. 

For Janet as a legacy artists her TOUR promotes her music vs the other way around. The general fan will find out she’s on tour & not even consider the new music. The new music just allows her to diversify the tour & energize it as the momentum builds. 

On 6/21/2020 at 10:18 PM, Angela said:

She wouldn’t be the first artist to do this. I’m 100% sure Beyoncé went on tour in 2013 months before she dropped her self-titled album. It’s not new for artists to phase it in while on tour. It could be a myriad of reasons: not having the album finished yet, still working through a promo schedule, etc. Those things could’ve been in work while touring. 

Bingo. Also to another point I saw you make - she is not looking to chart huge singles anymore. Those days of chasing that is over. Getting a number one will continue to solidify her legacy. That’s a obtainable based on when she drops & who she drops against. That’s strategy & she can do that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 10:18 PM, Angela said:

She wouldn’t be the first artist to do this. I’m 100% sure Beyoncé went on tour in 2013 months before she dropped her self-titled album. It’s not new for artists to phase it in while on tour. It could be a myriad of reasons: not having the album finished yet, still working through a promo schedule, etc. Those things could’ve been in work while touring. 

Right.  Because people were wondering why she was touring with no album like previous tours. 

I'm not sure what's going on behind the scenes, but it would be nice to at least have a single by the end of the summer.  We've waited this long for an album, so we can wait longer I suppose. LOL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice to get some kind of info on where things are at instead of a thousand inspirational posts from the stans running her socials.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, J. said:

It would be nice to get some kind of info on where things are at instead of a thousand inspirational posts from the stans running her socials.

I should have known better that it wasn't HER posting all them videos and stuff.  She ain't that bored. -_-

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

I can’t remember but I think Unbreakable the cover came out after the tour was underway I THINK!

Okay. Well, the Unbreakable album came out when the tour was 1 month in. That's reasonable. I meant that it would be illogical to release the album at the end of the tour. By now, the Black Diamond album probably would've been a few weeks from being released, but a single release in April or May would've been very possible considering all the great promo we were getting in February. 

Also, I think that beautiful picture Janet shared on her birthday is part of the album booklet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

I should have known better that it wasn't HER posting all them videos and stuff.  She ain't that bored. -_-

I think she shares some (especially the Insta stories), but definitely not all of them.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jakob said:

Okay. Well, the Unbreakable album came out when the tour was 1 month in. That's reasonable. I meant that it would be illogical to release the album at the end of the tour. By now, the Black Diamond album probably would've been a few weeks from being released, but a single release in April or May would've been very possible considering all the great promo we were getting in February. 

Also, I think that beautiful picture Janet shared on her birthday is part of the album booklet. 

Orrrr intended tour booklet. The tour was intended to be first. The tour is the anchor the album is an offering. I know die hard fans see it opposite but trust me...she just needed another reason to keep touring since she had been performing for the last 4-ish years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...