Mya vs Ciara: Who was all around the bigger star?

JoeJoe

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better singer?

2. 2. Who was the better dancer?

3. 3. Who was better all around?

I never recalled Mya being the "it" girl in the industry. The only thing that came close is probably in the beginning of her career where was seen as a girl with potential, and that got her a few decent gigs.

With Ciara, between late 2004 to early 2007, she had her lane as the R&B/Dance chick. No one could dance like her and have songs be played on the radio like her at that time.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I do deserve a lifetime acheivement forum award...but not that one :umm:

Mya did have somewhat of a "it" girl moment...her being included on the Lady Marmalade thing, everyone being up her pussy because of that Janet inspired "Case Of The Ex" routine (I'm mad that Tina basically created a Janet routine for Mya with that video)...she had her moment.

...and you should read the rest of what I posted. :rolleyes:

The only thing I think she got from that was perhaps the Lady Marmalade gig. But what else?

Did she win any major awards?

Did she have make any major television appearances?

Were major magazines following her every move?

It ain't like FOF went triple platinum off that song either.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I do deserve a lifetime acheivement forum award...but not that one :umm:

Mya did have somewhat of a "it" girl moment...her being included on the Lady Marmalade thing, everyone being up her pussy because of that Janet inspired "Case Of The Ex" routine (I'm mad that Tina basically created a Janet routine for Mya with that video)...she had her moment.

...and you should read the rest of what I posted. :rolleyes:

:mellow:

T.O.F

You are just making up shit now. You like to debate just to DEBATE.

The only thing I think she got from that was perhaps the Lady Marmalade gig. But what else?

She didnt even get that gig becuz she was some "it" girl. They chose her to be a "filler"...please. They needed a mediocre voice to balance it out. :lmao:

The point is she had a brief moment of being the "it" girl...just as Ciara had a brief moment of being the "it" girl...Ciara had a bigger era, but as it stands now (depending upon Ciara's next release) they are about equal.

T.O.F

You are just making up shit now. You like to debate just to DEBATE.

I'm not making up anything. :rolleyes:

I only debate when I feel like I have a point....and in this thread, I have a point. :coffee:

The point is she had a brief moment of being the "it" girl...just as Ciara had a brief moment of being the "it" girl...Ciara had a bigger era, but as it stands now (depending upon Ciara's next release) they are about equal.

I'm not making up anything. :rolleyes:

I only debate when I feel like I have a point....and in this thread, I have a point. :coffee:

When was her "it" moment? "Case Of The Ex??? Is that all you have? You have to have more than one hit song to be considered an "it" girl. An "it" girl is in demand. You're pretty much EVERYWHERE ppl turn their heads.

MYA HAS NEVER HAD THAT EXPOSURE..even if you were to add up ALL her exposure in total over the span of her career,she still would come up short! Boy,stop :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And I like Mya more than Ciara but Im not delayed or in denial.

• Upvote 1

When was her "it" moment? "Case Of The Ex??? Is that all you have? You have to have more than one hit song to be considered an "it" girl. An "it" girl is in demand. You're pretty much EVERYWHERE ppl turn their heads.

MYA HAS NEVER HAD THAT EXPOSURE..even if you were to add up ALL her exposure in total over the span of her career,she still would come up short! Boy,stop :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And I like Mya more than Ciara but Im not delayed or in denial.

Ciara's only "it" moment is "Goodies" though it was a big hit for her. The same for Mya. Hence, me saying they are/were about equal.

Getting into which had the "bigger era" when they were the "it" girl is merely semantics, because the point remains both had one "big" era. lol

Ciara's only "it" moment is "Goodies" though it was a big hit for her. The same for Mya. Hence, me saying they are/were about equal.

Getting into which had the "bigger era" when they were the "it" girl is merely semantics, because the point remains both had one "big" era. lol

TOF what was Mya's BIG era??? :blink: :blink: :blink: Hence me saying.. Ciara > Mya.. as far as popularity. Mya NEVER had a big era. How is going platinum considered "big"? Are you hearing yourself right now?

no it wasn't...this thread was set up perfect. I didn't tell nobody to take it in the direction it was taken :rolleyes:

Your poll questions were basically asking who's more talented but the title of the thread said who's the bigger star.

You do know there's a difference right? Just because you're more talented doesnt mean you were the bigger star. :lmao:

Hence to why Mya is winning in the polls as far as talent but ppl are responding that Ciara was OVERALL bigger.

TOF what was Mya's BIG era??? :blink: :blink: :blink: Hence me saying.. Ciara > Mya.. as far as popularity. Mya NEVER had a big era. How is going platinum considered "big"? Are you hearing yourself right now?

:rolleyes:

I know seem to sticking to "Case Of The Ex" and from the way I'm talking you would think I was a BIG fan of her then or even now (and I'm not lol)...but I would say that was a big era for her (in terms of crossing over).

I looked it up and wasn't as big of hit as I thought it was on radio, but I remember it being EVERYWHERE...which says alot because though I liked what she did, I wasn't a really a fan.

:rolleyes:

I know seem to sticking to "Case Of The Ex" and from the way I'm talking you would think I was a BIG fan of her then or even now (and I'm not lol)...but I would say that was a big era for her (in terms of crossing over).

I looked it up and wasn't as big of hit as I thought it was on radio, but I remember it being EVERYWHERE...which says alot because though I liked what she did, I wasn't a really a fan.

Hence me saying earlier it was BIG for someone of her low caliber but not HUGE the way you're acting. Yes it was kinda popular due to the video MAINLY because everyone liked the choreograpy with the sticks and all of that..Hell,I thought it was hott myself. But Im glad you come to realize the truth. :coffee:

I wouldn't say that.. her 2nd album was big at first then fell off...

Both of em only had 2 successful eras (1 had more success), but I dont get all the Mya dissin, I mean yea she's alot less popular than Ciara, but between 00-04 the bitch was everywhere, Im wit TOF I thought Case of the ex went to #1 cause of how much it was getting played on the radio (pop & R&B ) and the video, hell I remember all 3 of the videos in that era, and she did magazine covers and TV spots, so tho Mya may not have ever had Ciaras stats, I'd say they were about as popular as each other.

Both of em only had 2 successful eras (1 had more success), but I dont get all the Mya dissin, I mean yea she's alot less popular than Ciara, but between 00-04 the bitch was everywhere, Im wit TOF I thought Case of the ex went to #1 cause of how much it was getting played on the radio (pop & R&B ) and the video, hell I remember all 3 of the videos in that era, and she did magazine covers and TV spots, so tho Mya may not have ever had Ciaras stats, I'd say they were about as popular as each other.

How is Mya being dissed? Do you see the polls? She's murdering Ciara :lmao: BUT as far as popularity "Case Of The Ex" is NOT enough to say she was on the same level as Ciara. Ciara was the "it" girl of 04/05..no one was in her space. Mya NEVER had an "it" girl moment period. She had one song that charted well and you all are saying her and Ciara was about equal? :unsure: And btw Case Of The Ex peaked at #2 on HOT100 ..not #1

Who said Case of the Ex was a #1? I said I thought it was because it was played and supported like it was #1, get it right. I'd Say It's all About Me, Case of the Ex, and My Love is like Woo is enough to say they were on the same level, hell even with Fallen, even tho it didnt do much of anything on the charts, MTV was still all over her that era. Mya was all over MTV all the time, the same way Ciara was all over BET all the time. And Mya did have a It girl moment with Lady marmalade, which tho was ofcourse was bigger because of the other 3 names, she was still attached and its still a #1 in her book (and Grammy win)

Hell I got just of the My Love is like Woo video as I did of goodies (even though I think MLILW is a better song and video, thats me)