R&B DIVAS show

jarrylf

Chante and Mo were invited to participate. They should have waited for Kelly to make the first move and if she didn't and they still wanted to create something then they could have hired someone and continued which kinda ended up happening anyway.

I love Chante so I'm biased. She's a bay area native <3

So... I highly suspect that Chante, Mo, and the other ladies were not "invited" by Kelly, but were "hired" by the producers and TVone. The show is built around the monologues and they were probably contractually obligated to make it happen. I also think that its TVone that brought Fred into the picture. It would benefit them, everyone, if the show is a success. I don't blame Chante and Mo for going ahead and working with Fred. If Kelly had Torrey in mind, she should have told all of them from the get go. She didn't even hit up Torrey until after meeting Fred with 3 weeks before they were supposed to perform! What were the other girls supposed to do?

Kelly Price deserves all the backlash she is getting. They can only edit so much. Kelly knew about Fred and AGREED to meet him. How is this HIPPOcrite going to be up in this man's face and say she don't know who he is when Mo and Chante both told her about him? Her behavior was just digusting. She didn't go to the earlier "rehearsals" and has the nerve the comment on others not being there when she finally waddles in. Kelly is full of it and her condescending tone with Chante is disgusting too. Her comment asking where to buy a ticket if Chante would do a one woman show was soooo out of line. Kelly isn't THAT much more successful than Chante. I think they book about the same amount of gigs. Grown ass woman bringing timberlands and a straight edge. Who was she kidding? Props? Lies. She couldn't even own up to it. As much as watching Kelly Price self implode is fun, I would have rather watched them make some music. This is the same with the Braxton Family Values show, the best parts are when they are doing something music related. I LOVED watching Toni in the studio.

• Upvote 3

Shit again to re-itterate Im soooo team Chante with just keeping it going and stuff, but I can see both sides how it could seem like a betrayal if it was really Kelly's idea that she genuinely wanted them to be apart of with her and then they do it without her, I would'snt feel that way but I can see how someone would.

Honestly I bet if Mo & Michel'le TALKED to Dawn(like I bet Michel'le wanted to do, I felt so bad for her during that argument, I been there too many times & I hate it, the fuckin middle) instead of Mo going ape shit and doing the most, even if she couldn't get Dawn to reconsider, I bet it would not've went that south and ended that way or the way it did.

Kelly thinks only her time is valuable. Even if it was her idea, an idea is just an idea without action. All of their names are on it and the show is built around it, if the show doesn't go well their reputation is on the line.

the YouTube preview of belly price and dawns show looks so cheap. And it's pretty obvious Kelly was self serving obviosly giving dawn no shine. I'm dying t see what the other ladies came up with. It's too bad we didn't see enough of there creative process is so we can relate to the monologues.

The preview for next week about the real en vogue though. Spoilerrrreree......I can see why dawn didn't show up to the reunion show. But she is lying to herself if she thought she signed up for positivity. Girl please. I can't with her baby woes too.

• Upvote 1

Kelly thinks only her time is valuable. Even if it was her idea, an idea is just an idea without action. All of their names are on it and the show is built around it, if the show doesn't go well their reputation is on the line.

the YouTube preview of belly price and dawns show looks so cheap. And it's pretty obvious Kelly was self serving obviosly giving dawn no shine. I'm dying t see what the other ladies came up with. It's too bad we didn't see enough of there creative process is so we can relate to the monologues.

The preview for next week about the real en vogue though. Spoilerrrreree......I can see why dawn didn't show up to the reunion show. But she is lying to herself if she thought she signed up for positivity. Girl please. I can't with her baby woes too.

Lol. They were sitting on bar stools with a big silver bed spread behind them. It was Kellys idea but I think the other ladies were just trying to help he move things along since her scheduled was so " booked". Dawn runs away all the time. From her singing groups to the reunion. If she didn't like the editing she should have come to the reunion to say so.

OH DEAR GOD! I hoped that was a rumor that she didnt show up, OMG I HATE THAT SO MUCH, Ok, Dawns ma giril, but this is where I go off about her, if she's seen the Atlanta show, and she says she loves it because she knows all of them, she should've known they weren't trying to make these shows a happy uplifting show about black women working together. Dawns problem, is she gotta stop running from shit that aint goin her way, like sometimes you stick out the rough times to make the good things happen. Her image is NOT being the pushover, it's being the quitter, whether she was right about it, or justified, it's what she's done with everything, EnVogue (3times), Lucy Pearl, A reality show about EnVogue, she's always the 1st to leave, like DAMN, sit yo ass down and ride through the bullshit like you're supposed to do sometimes.

This news is NEW to me so I'm newly annoyed/pissed about that, You know who SHOULD've ran from the reunion? Kelly, Just like Nicci should've, but no they know if you have a problem with someithing about the show, you dont just run from it. I LOVE Dawn but I hate that about her when its not done right, she had no reason to not be there, she don't hate any of them women, she & Mo knew each other before this (Chante too)

• Upvote 1

In all fairness, the producers told Dawn when they pitched the show to her that there would be no drama and catfights and that this would be like a real life version of waiting to exhale. So Dawn said yes, however this was all before season 2 of R&B divas atlanta. If Dawn had a chance to see that show I doubt she would have filmed her season of R&B divas LA. Plus dawn said half way through filming the producers came to them and flat out said the show was boring and they needed to add drama so thats when all the monologue mess took over. From whats coming out, a lot of that was instigated by the producers. They hired Fred, not Chante. Its some real shadiness going on somewhere. The atlanta divas and the LA divas are hinting at someone pulling strings behind the scenes and all of them can't be lying.

In all fairness, the producers told Dawn when they pitched the show to her that there would be no drama and catfights and that this would be like a real life version of waiting to exhale. So Dawn said yes, however this was all before season 2 of R&B divas atlanta. If Dawn had a chance to see that show I doubt she would have filmed her season of R&B divas LA. Plus dawn said half way through filming the producers came to them and flat out said the show was boring and they needed to add drama so thats when all the monologue mess took over. From whats coming out, a lot of that was instigated by the producers. They hired Fred, not Chante. Its some real shadiness going on somewhere. The atlanta divas and the LA divas are hinting at someone pulling strings behind the scenes and all of them can't be lying.

You know what thats a good point & I can believe that because everything was so tame and normal & fun...and then Kelly started becoming Nicci Gilbert outta NOWHERE

Pretty much the stuff Mona be doing with LHH.

So Kelly was trying to be funny and tell Chante let her know where she can buy a ticket to her one woman show but yet she takes Dawn to do their own show? I can't

Lol. They were sitting on bar stools with a big silver bed spread behind them. It was Kellys idea but I think the other ladies were just trying to help he move things along since her scheduled was so " booked". Dawn runs away all the time. From her singing groups to the reunion. If she didn't like the editing she should have come to the reunion to say so.

Get out!!! :lol:

I read somewhere that Dawns story arc with the whole child bearing arc is partly made up. Like she has half of her plumbing already removed or something.

I believe it. Reality TV is no longer "reality" TV... It's either the producers instigating/creating drama, or they find that one person in the cast who is willing to make an ass of themselves for the success of show.

Having said that, Kelly fell for it and made a complete fool of herself. There were so many other ways to handle that so that she wouldn't completely turn off the viewing audience (and still give the producers the drama they wanted). Kelly came off as a control freak, with such a huge ego that she can't even give anyone a chance. lol

I just wish she would've thought it out and went about it differently. When you already have some level of fan, that type of behavior turns people off. It makes for "must see tv", but it leaves everyone thinking she is an egotistical psycho. lol

• Upvote 1

People think that the Elephant in the room is Kelly Price, but I think it all boils down to money. Kelly Price wanted to bring in her own people (the guy Torre) because she knows that she would only have to pay them in chitlins and grits and maybe get them a couple of black n milds and everything would be peachy. She knows that bringing a professional like Fred in would be more money and he would want a piece of the profits and that doesn't sit well with her. Bitch said she grew up homeless and she struggles with that constantly...so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the real issue here and not the fact that she isn't comfortable with Fred. Bitch is greedy and judging by her size...that is quite evident. NO TEA...ALL SHADE!!!!

• Upvote 2

People think that the Elephant in the room is Kelly Price, but I think it all boils down to money. Kelly Price wanted to bring in her own people (the guy Torre) because she knows that she would only have to pay them in chitlins and grits and maybe get them a couple of black n milds and everything would be peachy. She knows that bringing a professional like Fred in would be more money and he would want a piece of the profits and that doesn't sit well with her. Bitch said she grew up homeless and she struggles with that constantly...so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the real issue here and not the fact that she isn't comfortable with Fred. Bitch is greedy and judging by her size...that is quite evident. NO TEA...ALL SHADE!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I hate how fake she is.. When Chante confronted her about the timbs and vaseline, she played stupid knowing damn well it was for Chante..

And now she doesn't have time to do it???? Like Voodoo said, it's all about the money and her wanting it her way with that sorry thing she bought in.

Fred seems to know what he's doing plus he's cute as hell.. :wink:

I really have nothing to say about Dawn.. I like her but she seems like she is in her own world.. ...

I also understand why Lil Moe was upset with Dawn.. I think Dawn was looking for any reason to pull out and she found it when Kelly pulled out.

Same here I understand the anger, but all the coonery & bafoonery Mo went into was just plain stupid and pointless.

Dawn shouldn't of tried to put on her big girl panties. Like Mo said if she was gon' leave then leave and stop standing there trying to talk smack

Dawn shouldn't of tried to put on her big girl panties. Like Mo said if she was gon' leave then leave and stop standing there trying to talk smack

......But Dawn is the 1 who composed herself smartly, and Dawn was trying to explain but Mo was the 1 who was talking smack and acting a fool, Dawn was trying to talk like a Grown women does, but Mo wasn't hearing it.

A fuckin mess. It looks cheap, tacky, crappy and mediocre...and Im just talking about Kellys 'Not yo momma' weave. Don't even get me started on the set and the monologues. Its not engaging at all and looks very low budget and rotten like Dawn's eggs. -_-

I can get into the spoken parts but that and the singing was not well integrated at all. It just seems like they through some random gospel bites in that speech. Not well prepared at all.

OMG MO IS A FOOOL, like I sooo understand what her problem is, it's that she got so personal with Dawn that she feels like Dawn didn't take it as serious as her or as personal as her, and thats her mistake, she's taking Dawn (more so than Kelly cause Kelly didn't open up to her the same way) dropping out as a insult to her. And thats alright & justified but she's going about it all stupid, and now thats got Dawn thinking (from the looks of it) they all feel like Mo and are on the attack of her too probably.

Now Mo's reaction to Kelly was justified, because Kelly was purpusely acting a childish Nicci Gilbert Fool in that restaurant thats not how Dawn was doing. Kelly came at Mo WRONG, Dawn didn't.