The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

I'm not defending the video and I'd like for you to show me where I did. All I did was point out your idiocy which isn't that hard to do. You try so hard and look so stupid every time. You never come with facts, just your personal opinion. I always come with facts

General consensus is that most people liked the video. So where is the fail?

then why are you arguing with my opinions if you not defending the video :umm:

Here's a fact: the video won't help the song garner success

....................wow.....this is just sad as hell now.......Brandy.....why'd you have to name this era your "make or break era"? WOW, I'm VERY shocked she hasn't pulled a Mariah and moved it to 2013 (2/11/13).

And where the flying fuck is a 2nd single? We don't even get a name for it? This song has been out since APRIL!!!!! WHERE THE FUCK IS SINGLE #2....that has me upset.

The video looked extremely cheap. What boggles me is that Hype directed this? What kind of camera did he use because the video (and I say this with all honesty) looks like something I could produce at home. Certain effects were used that I do right on my iMac.

The best parts were the extreme close ups on her face, and the white car.

The rest was ghetto trash. Very disappointing.

• Upvote 1

....................wow.....this is just sad as hell now.......Brandy.....why'd you have to name this era your "make or break era"? WOW, I'm VERY shocked she hasn't pulled a Mariah and moved it to 2013 (2/11/13).

And where the flying fuck is a 2nd single? We don't even get a name for it? This song has been out since APRIL!!!!! WHERE THE FUCK IS SINGLE #2....that has me upset.

from the bland title dedicated to a dead celeb (while her career is 6 feet under), album getting pushed back further and further, video cheap and lackluster, the single not touching the Hot 100

meanwhile a lil girl from Canada decides to Call America, Maybe for 5 weeks :coffee: back to the drawing board for ol' Bran-Bran

PS those braids are old and outdated...

The video looked extremely cheap. What boggles me is that Hype directed this? What kind of camera did he use because the video (and I say this with all honesty) looks like something I could produce at home. Certain effects were used that I do right on my iMac.

The best parts were the extreme close ups on her face, and the white car.

The rest was ghetto trash. Very disappointing.

I see Brandy got y'all mad and pressed :filenail: This video don't look extremely cheap. Chris Brown, Rihanna, Drake, Beyonce, Usher and everybody else be making cheap ass videos and I don't hear nothing. Now the album being pushed back is stupid but y'all doin' the most with the video being trash :rolleyes:

I don't know why she doesn't just push the album to 2013. October is such a shit month for her to put the album out for several reasons:

1. A bunch of artists are already releasing in September, like No Doubt, Mumford & Sons, and P!nk. They will get much of the attention during that month and into October.

2. The Christmas albums coming out in October/November will eat her alive as the Christmas season approaches.

3. Taylor Swift is going to snatch everything in sight when her album drops, much like the way her single is doing right now.

Her team needs to get their shit together. They should've just stuck with the August release date.

I don't know why she doesn't just push the album to 2013. October is such a shit month for her to put the album out for several reasons:

1. A bunch of artists are already releasing in September, like No Doubt, Mumford & Sons, and P!nk. They will get much of the attention during that month and into October.

2. The Christmas albums coming out in October/November will eat her alive as the Christmas season approaches.

3. Taylor Swift is going to snatch everything in sight when her album drops, much like the way her single is doing right now.

Her team needs to get their shit together. They should've just stuck with the August release date.

She should do a promo tour in 20 cities and then head over sees for a couple weeks.

I like the video and most of what I've read on the internet has been positive as well. RCA isn't giving there R&B artist huge budgets, so Brandy worked with what she had. The video has a lot of water color type stuff which is reminiscent of her first four videos, all of which were directed by hype. I love the Patra braids and her confidence. Plus Chris looks hot. :filenails:

Some of yall are doing the most in this thread right now. :rolleyes:

I like the video and most of what I've read on the internet has been positive as well. RCA isn't giving there R&B artist huge budgets, so Brandy worked with what she had. The video has a lot of water color type stuff which is reminiscent of her first four videos, all of which were directed by hype. I love the Patra braids and her confidence. Plus Chris looks hot. :filenails:

Some of yall are doing the most in this thread right now. :rolleyes:

yeah they really are. They act like Brandy is at the top right now and expect her videos to be big budget. Beyonce's ass was at the top and she still put out cheap ass shit like the "Party" video in a damn Trailer Park.

There were actually dance scenes that they cut out. She had a dance scene with just the boys that they didn't use. There was also a dance part with the girls and boys that wasn't used.

tumblr_m8rr8lguRK1qbgov7o1_250.gif

^^^^ This Right Here Is My Main Complaint With The Video

Why would you cut most of the dance parts??? Hype Williams & The Editing Crew was stupid to do that

BUT Other Than That I Loved Most Of The Video

forreal tho this video sucks. it looks like it was cut up from 3 different videos and patched together. i actually really like the thrown paint look. But! theres no depth to it. they look like they are dancing in front of a screen saver for 1/4 of the song. the thrown paint effect would have looked a lot better had it more dimension and appeared to weave in front and back of her. they could have used it as a motif across the other scenes to tie everything together. In some scenes she just looks like she's singing in a bathroom with a pretty paint color on the walls. And the scene with all them mens looks like they about to gang rape her.

She should do a promo tour in 20 cities and then head over sees for a couple weeks.

She should call up Monica and get that joint tour going.

Would that overseas tour even be successful?

At least with someone like Kelly Rowland, she had those dance tracks with Guetta to get Europe to notice her as a solo artist. I don't think Brandy has really done anything to remind people there she's still alive.