The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

All of y'all were right about Annabelle, It wasn't so good. Me and the ex were drinking and watching but we drifted off having more of a good time talking and drinking with each other than the movie. Hell we don't even care to see the whole movie nor the ending anymore smh

VHS Viral - D+, MUCH worst and more boring than part 2, I mean WOW, like I didn't like part 2 hardly at all but it at least had some scares, this had NONE, the magic story was cool and is the only reason the whole movie doesn't get a F, Im mad I wasted my time with this

Single White Female 2 - F, HORRIBLE movie, horrible actors, horrible story, this was nothing but a major waste of time and a low budget remake, it insulted the original by making it a part 2.

Interstellar   B

okay so overall good movie, lots of great dialogue, but it felt to me, like you take Gravity and Contact, which Matthew McConaughey was in too, combine them and there you have it...It was somewhat visually stunning like Gravity, but there was a lot more going on in the film. I would say its worth seeing, but I kinda don't see any Oscar worthy stuff except for Matthew, which he could get it. If Im waiting for that start of movie season that is award worthy, Im still waiting. There is a nice surprise guest that shows up in the film that was cool, but not so huge that it wowed you...it was just cool

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Interstellar nPwBmW0.pngnPwBmW0.pngnPwBmW0.pngrtobxdV.pngOJ7JuAW.png

It's good, and as you're watching it you know it's good. But for me it was impressive on visuals alone, and that's pretty much the only reason I'm giving it three-and-a-half stars. It's a real blockbuster. And the score is fantastic. I was surprised to learn it was Hans Zimmer.

The downfalls are its running time (too long at nearly three hours) and Anne Hathaway who, I'm sorry, cannot act. The second Jessica Chastain showed up I let out an audible sigh because there was finally a woman onscreen with some natural ability. Given the film is pretty much a boyzone I really think a gifted actress would've served the main female role much better.

Overall it's a good movie, but for nearly a year's worth of promo how could we not feel a bit shortchanged?

Interstellar nPwBmW0.pngnPwBmW0.pngnPwBmW0.pngrtobxdV.pngOJ7JuAW.png

It's good, and as you're watching it you know it's good. But for me it was impressive on visuals alone, and that's pretty much the only reason I'm giving it three-and-a-half stars. It's a real blockbuster. And the score is fantastic. I was surprised to learn it was Hans Zimmer.

The downfalls are its running time (too long at nearly three hours) and Anne Hathaway who, I'm sorry, cannot act. The second Jessica Chastain showed up I let out an audible sigh because there was finally a woman onscreen with some natural ability. Given the film is pretty much a boyzone I really think a gifted actress would've served the main female role much better.

Overall it's a good movie, but for nearly a year's worth of promo how could we not feel a bit shortchanged?

Anne didnt do a thing for me.....she just didnt ....the film really rode on Matthew way more than it should have, they marketed it like the cast was stellar pardon the pun, but it simply wasn't...I dont regret the film, sure I saw it, enjoyed it but it didnt wow me, Im happy to not have lost interest though

As for the length of the film I understood its structure, they spent an hour getting the plot going, another hour on two planets, and the last hour on the resolution to the story...that part made sense on paper I guess

I LOVE Baseketball, I feel like with only a few tweeks it could've been better than what it was and more successful (well...not a flop that's now known as a cult classic)

The Fan - A-, I really enjoyed this movie, I got really taken with the story and it didn't go where I thought it was going. I wish the overall tone had a darker and more eerie and horror feel to it instead of it feeling more like a drama. I'd LOVE a properly written and acted out remake (I would LOVE if Janet played the lead role) with a darker edge to it.

The Town That Dreaded Sundown Original-C-, In checking out alot of more underground 1970s scary movies....I'm not that impressed with alot of them like most horror fans might be, and this is 1, like I LOVED the darkness and intensity of the killer, but they made comedy too much of a focal point with this movie and it felt too over the top & forced, and with comedy & horror coming together (my 2 favorite genres) if either feels forced it takes me out of it, and this movie had a few too many moments of that

The Town That Dreaded Sundown Semiremake/sequel-.B+, MUCH better, VERY dark movie, very original & creative, I do wish the lead actress was better, but other than that it's a emprovement of the original. This movie's like Wes Craven's New Nightmare, where it completely acknowledges the original as a movie and this ones supposedly the true story, a very interesting spin that I always respect.

Poltergeist- A+, Perfect movie, very disturbing, I hadn't seen this since I was a kid and only remember the scary parts.....and they held up. Everything about this was perfect.

Poltergeist2- B, Good......but not too memorable, like it wasn't THAT long ago that I did my marathon of the 3 but this is the 1 I remember the least about, but it was good tho

Poltergeist3- C, VERY memorable movie, I actually saw this 1 the most of the 3. there are and were a few things that I find creepy and eerie. But what gets this movie major props from me is that allll the effects were hand made, NO CGI, I have a MAJOR appreciation for horror that doesn't heavily rely on CGI and that really use hand made effects, because when done right and with a well enough budget, it can kick CGI's ass.

The Last House On The Left (Original) - B+, Pretty much everything I said about The Town That Dreaded Sundown, except this was MUCH better, and much more graphic and disturbing, I genuinely like this movie more but again it loses me with the over the top comedy, and the "GOOFY" score at times, it's ridiculous and uneccessary and takes me out of the movie, and it speant about 10mins too many of those moments

The Last House On The Left (Remake)- B+, I know most fans of the original HATE this 1.........but I like it about as much (Hell if I had to really put together a pros and cons list this 1 might come out better), this 1 was darker, MUCH better actors, and much better "payoff"

• Upvote 1

"Fury" A-,  probably one of the most violent cinema I have ever seen. That being said, "Fury" delves into the one place so many movies have already gone, Nazi Germany....I found the idea of a clearly hatable antagonist, Nazis, kinda done enough already.....So on to the finer points, Pitt play a convincing captain of a team of fellas bound through nothing but the intense insanity of war, and the violence that makes no sense. The character that played Norman should get an Oscar nomination for his acting, I found his character represented the viewer,  thus making "Fury" an experience ....

"The Equalizer" B+ ....another superb job done from Denzel Washington, in this film he showcases his wit and ability to balance compassion, brains, and strength. I loved this movie, its gripping, it keeps your attention. The best line in the movie for me was "progress not perfection" that resonated with me. Denzel's character Robert McCall is an everyday hardworking man with a secret past. A past that is revealed to be a complicated high former military background. What I love about the film the question of who Robert  McCall used to be is never really answered, all you know is he's connected knows a ton and can kill at his own will....in short, this movie whoops some ass...

• 2 weeks later...

The Hunger Games Mocking Jay Part 1  B-

I can say that the Hunger Games have left me famished, because it started out great first film, now I feel I'm in the middle of filler, its all so chopped and pasted together having been filmed and then split up into 4 movies to tell the saga of the books. I watched the action, and thats fine, but now Im at the point where I'm thinking wake me when Katniss and President Snow face off, other than that, this is really getting long in the tooth.  A B- is grading on the curve for me, because I actually watched the time wanted to know how much longer must i seat here for the end? That feeling is never good for any movie....