The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

Boyhood 1Sd7K79.png1Sd7K79.png1Sd7K79.pngk55Dczz.pngzWhhmyr.png

^ This was a fantastic concept and for that reason I wanted to like it more than I actually did. What let it down slightly for me was that when you take away the novelty of the ageing cast it was a pretty unremarkable story, and it was far too long. But, on the strength of them seeing the project through and solid performances I would recommend it.

It was far too long.  I kept looking at my watch, movies should not do that.  Having said that, it was pretty damn good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

V For Vendetta - :umm:

I struggled.

Silence of the Lambs

One of those classics I had never seen. I know the movie was based on a book that was itself a sequel, and while I'm not familiar with the story of "Red Dragon" I can see how Silence has the framework of a sequel. That's what made the movie so interesting to me... You had this captivating character of Hannibal and instead of the film revolving around soley him, which it could have, he was used as a device to unlock the psyche of another maniac. The title.... After the story of the lambs and Clarice, it would be easy to imagine the film would be called "The Screaming of the Lambs" however obtuse or obvious that may be. The genius of calling it the Silence of the Lambs is that that is what Clarice coveted, that's what she uncovered within herself through Hannibal and allowed her to realize what motivated Buffalo Bill, what he coveted.

Overall amazing film but hard to watch, I had to cover my eyes and peek through my fingers >_<

Though it still does vex me Anthony Hopkins mispronounced "Chianti" :umm:

Also... The poster artwork is masterful. Incorporating the image of the 7 women forming a skull by Salvador Dalí and Philippe Halsman was absolutely brilliant, and I didn't know that until researching it today.

• Upvote 3

Night Moves ITRrZup.pngITRrZup.pngjxZ7Wug.pngjxZ7Wug.pngjxZ7Wug.png

Ruby Sparks ITRrZup.pngITRrZup.pngITRrZup.pngjxZ7Wug.pngjxZ7Wug.png

The Oranges ITRrZup.pngITRrZup.pngNN9fSCa.pngjxZ7Wug.pngjxZ7Wug.png

It was far too long.  I kept looking at my watch, movies should not do that.  Having said that, it was pretty damn good.

V For Vendetta - :umm:

I struggled.

I totally agree. Some of these directors need to understand there's nothing wrong with a 90-minute movie!

It was far too long.  I kept looking at my watch, movies should not do that.  Having said that, it was pretty damn good.

V For Vendetta -  :umm:

I struggled.

Night Moves ITRrZup.pngITRrZup.pngjxZ7Wug.pngjxZ7Wug.pngjxZ7Wug.png

Ruby Sparks ITRrZup.pngITRrZup.pngITRrZup.pngjxZ7Wug.pngjxZ7Wug.png

The Oranges ITRrZup.pngITRrZup.pngNN9fSCa.pngjxZ7Wug.pngjxZ7Wug.png

I totally agree. Some of these directors need to understand there's nothing wrong with a 90-minute movie!

Yall need to sit though a Bollywood movie then :jonny: >_<

• 2 weeks later...