The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

"Nightcrawler" B+

Good movie, but this was more an actor's piece than anything. Jake G. does a superb job playing a very disturbed character. I dont know where the inspiration came from for the character but it was good. I think the film is a rebuke of how society embraces the macabre. Jake's character wouldn't be able to get away with so much if there wasn't an audience for what he's peddling, so the question raised here is whose the sicko? Jake's character or those in society that can't look away from a car accident even though they probably should.

So as the film goes along you keep thinking at what point does he get called on his bullshit? Then you realize he's not going to be called on it, at least not to any measurable extent. In society we are taught to think when someone is morally corrupt they get punished, thats whats supposed to happen, and here thats not the case, he gets rewarded in some ways. More to the point though the lines he "sales" actually work, and are eerily convincing.

• Downvote 1

Divergent- A-, I really enjoyed it, a tad bit on the predictable side, but I enjoyed it, and look forward to see where it goes. Zoe was amazing, Im glad she FINALLY had a role where she's really 1 of the main characters

Dumb & Dumber To- B-, It just went like 20mins longer than it should've, I thoroughly enjoyed it tho, but there were quite a few things that didn't need to make it to the final cut of the movie. Kathleen Turner still slays, no matter how old or big she gets, she's still that bitch to me.