The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

Wreck It Ralph B+, easily 1 of the best Disney movies in recent years, only thing is it could've been funnier, BUT, the story and characters make up for that BIG Time, like this movie was VERY well written, I'm very impressed. It's literally a movie that deserves to have the tag "People of all ages will enjoy" because it really is for everybody. The Animation slayed too.

• Upvote 1

Riddick- Worst of the 3 of the series imo. Didn't like where they took the story, they went very basic with it but it wasn't unwatchable. The Vin diesel nude scene should have been more explicit and I would have boosted it a letter grade

C

I can't believe that shot was so far away.. I was like "come on camera man,, move in closer." lol

Just saw The Butler and it was very powerful and moving. The first scenes set the tone for the rest of the film. Hattie Pearl (MC's character) was silent due to back-to-back events occurring in one day. I found the 2nd scene especially eerie. Cecil's relationship with his older son Louis is also very important (which the first scene also set the tone for). Details in the spoiler...

Hatties' silence was symbolic of her pain and suffering. If I was in her shoes: raped and my spouse got shot to death, I'd probably be mute too.

What happened to Cecil's parents molded his "stay in your place" ideology. Later, older son Louis took a more radical approach to civil rights and this created a major rift in the father/son relationship.

~

Another aspect I found interesting was the two similar scenes where Cecil served a tray of cookies to guests walking in. In the first scene set in the 50s, only one person said "thank you." However in the 2nd scene set in the 80s, nearly all of them thanked him. I thought that was a cool microcosm of the racial progress that's been made so far (and still needs to be made as one or two still didn't thank him in the latter scene)

The main cast (Forest, Oprah, Cuba) all did a great job. I also really like the portrayals of President Johnson and Jackie Kennedy (who hardly spoke either - just saying lol).

• Upvote 1

Just saw The Butler and it was very powerful and moving. The first scenes set the tone for the rest of the film. Hattie Pearl (MC's character) was silent due to back-to-back events occurring in one day. I found the 2nd scene especially eerie. Cecil's relationship with his older son Louis is also very important (which the first scene also set the tone for). Details in the spoiler...

Hatties' silence was symbolic of her pain and suffering. If I was in her shoes: raped and my spouse got shot to death, I'd probably be mute too.

What happened to Cecil's parents molded his "stay in your place" ideology. Later, older son Louis took a more radical approach to civil rights and this created a major rift in the father/son relationship.

~

Another aspect I found interesting was the two similar scenes where Cecil served a tray of cookies to guests walking in. In the first scene set in the 50s, only one person said "thank you." However in the 2nd scene set in the 80s, nearly all of them thanked him. I thought that was a cool microcosm of the racial progress that's been made so far (and still needs to be made as one or two still didn't thank him in the latter scene)

The main cast (Forest, Oprah, Cuba) all did a great job. I also really like the portrayals of President Johnson and Jackie Kennedy (who hardly spoke either - just saying lol).

A black woman recently told me after watching it she had to stay away from white people for a while. I know after I watched "Rosewood" I definitely felt some kind of way about white people and I have a lot of white friends and one of my besties is white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfdBwqzXeA

I still need to watch this! Jailbroken Apple TV is sick!

I still can't get over that Tom Holland is a 17yo playing a 12yo though. He has a puny only-slightly-muscly-if-you're-really-looking-closely body so I guess that helped him to look convincing :lol: