Black Diamond Tour

MorganR

28 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Ok, so there’s a 1000% chance the tour might be postponed but let me tell u something Maury!!! That shouldn’t affect the release of the first single n the album the tour is supporting! Please  Janet!!!! A b!tch is getting impatient! 😭😭😭

SAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD. PEEEEEERRRIOODDD

18 hours ago, Laveaux said:

Janet needs to be like the Fast and The Furious and postpone everything until next year...we want the maximum coins. Y'all will have to wait...shit

The people want her to drop a new track so bad....I understand, but homegirl been sitting on a mountain of new music since before MFN, we can wait longer. Don't mess up that 5 decade #1 albums :filenails: 

Actually the timing for Janet is better, because the album wasn't put out and the single wasn't either. Imagine if Janet was already on tour :filenails:

I'm afraid she will postpone the tour. The rest of the dates weren't released yet which is good so they can't be "cancelled". She really has bad luck when it comes to touring in Europe! It never seems to work out for the last 20 years for various reasons. We don't know what's going on but her social media has been silent for awhile. She's probably devasted herself about what's happening. I think a new album or tour is the last thing on her mind atm.

• Upvote 1

I juss hate how something ALWAYS seeems to happen around when she is touring or about to tour...this woman cant catch a fucking break!! Cus even if the virus died down a bit by the time her tour starts...im sure ticket sales right now for ANY artists tour has stalled. Aint nobody worried about buying no concert tickets since this virus hit so any upcoming tour would suffer to sum degree...low attendance. 

A4U tour - 9/11 happened cancelled her overseas shows

R/Witchu tour - alot of bad business goin on behind the scenes.. that caused that tour to wrap up quickly and cancelled 

Unbreakable - Got pregnant during the beginning leg..had to postpone the tour

Sotw tour - didnt make it overseas for whatever reason which is still unknown and odd.

Black Diamond tour - Coronavirus! Its like GOTDAMN!!! 

It's most definitely some bad luck with touring, from accounts of AFY, that tour was drama from start to finish.  To let Gil tell it.  I still think Janet is in a better spot this time around, all those other tours were already undeway. Black Diamond hadn't gotten started, and even though some of her looks for this era were coming out a bit I dont think we got anywhere near the rollout she had planned

35 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It's most definitely some bad luck with touring, from accounts of AFY, that tour was drama from start to finish.  To let Gil tell it.  I still think Janet is in a better spot this time around, all those other tours were already undeway. Black Diamond hadn't gotten started, and even though some of her looks for this era were coming out a bit I dont think we got anywhere near the rollout she had planned

True. Luckily, The a Black Diamond primo was just only a week so far which will leave PLENTY of opportunity for Janet to continue brushing up on the rollout plan (Not to mention, more time for to workout n rest while taking care of Eissa!) Honestly, after things die done n begin going back to normal, people will b even more eager to relax and have fun aka go to a concert! The album is already complete at this point (for a while now! Who you fooling Janet??), the only thing is postponing the tour til the fall most likely. I’m Janet will enjoy the extra time for a break, especially with this virus pandemonium going on and will be even more ready to perform since she’ll be dying to again! 

• Like 2

I dont think Janet needs "more rest" becus her energy seems motivated ..pumped and ready to get back out there tbh. Her last shows were back in Nov of last year...so she has had alot of time to refresh and get energized again. Even tho I think it would be best to push the tour back to make it a fall tour i juss dont want it to harm janet in the long run where ppl are like "ugh..here she go again..another postponed tour" cus there are actual ppl that i kmow who roll their eyes at the mention of a janet tour becus now ppl associate her tours with cancellations and postponing...and i HATE that tour reputation she has now bc it does her hurt a bit tourwise cus she has lost trust in sum of the ppl..but not overall but juss in some.

2 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

True. Luckily, The a Black Diamond primo was just only a week so far which will leave PLENTY of opportunity for Janet to continue brushing up on the rollout plan (Not to mention, more time for to workout n rest while taking care of Eissa!) Honestly, after things die done n begin going back to normal, people will b even more eager to relax and have fun aka go to a concert! The album is already complete at this point (for a while now! Who you fooling Janet??), the only thing is postponing the tour til the fall most likely. I’m Janet will enjoy the extra time for a break, especially with this virus pandemonium going on and will be even more ready to perform since she’ll be dying to again! 

My thoughts exactly!  After all this lock down stuff and we hit summer hopefully things are back to normal then ....Summer 2020 is gonna turn up

• Upvote 1

Honestly guys, I wouldn't count on the tour to happen this Summer. Europe is a MESS, and the situation is much worse than we thought about a month ago. Young, healthy people are also hospitalized and the same thing will probably happen in the US. This won't be all over in a month or 3. Unfortunately. They say it might become better when the temperatures rise, but we don't know that. 

2 minutes ago, Jakob said:

Honestly guys, I wouldn't count on the tour to happen this Summer. Europe is a MESS, and the situation is much worse than we thought about a month ago. Young, healthy people are also hospitalized and the same thing will probably happen in the US. This won't be all over in a month or 3. Unfortunately. They say it might become better when the temperatures rise, but we don't know that. 

I was thinking a temperature rise would be helpful but we're still in the early stages here in the States. Problem here is Americans we go hard, and stores have been picked clean, shorten hours, or closed altogether. 

Totally different convo but yall im here like if she conceptualised metamorphosis with her team in only 5 weeks with brand new staging and choreo in contrast to SOTW. Imagine how epic Black Diamond Tour is gonna be especially with the extended postponement of the dates. Imagine the costuming 😍she gave us a peak of her belly on jimmy fallon which might allude to later costuming.

1 hour ago, jinthahouse said:

Totally different convo but yall im here like if she conceptualised metamorphosis with her team in only 5 weeks with brand new staging and choreo in contrast to SOTW. Imagine how epic Black Diamond Tour is gonna be especially with the extended postponement of the dates. Imagine the costuming 😍she gave us a peak of her belly on jimmy fallon which might allude to later costuming.

My concern, is timing, with Janet its all about what space she's in. Prior to this, Janet was probably in a great space, balanced with Eissa and her plans. If at the moment its all about Eissa, as it should be, we have to remember she's co-parenting with her ex husband, who I imagine they dont talk too much. So imagine how co-parenting is between divorced people at this moment in time when your child is your highest priority? After this Janet may not feel like being bothered. 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

My concern, is timing, with Janet its all about what space she's in. Prior to this, Janet was probably in a great space, balanced with Eissa and her plans. If at the moment its all about Eissa, as it should be, we have to remember she's co-parenting with her ex husband, who I imagine they dont talk too much. So imagine how co-parenting is between divorced people at this moment in time when your child is your highest priority? After this Janet may not feel like being bothered. 

Very true, you know sometimes i would imagine myself in her position in which she is a veteran who is still touring and having an amazing blessing like Eissa. Her first focus is that child and that child gives her the mamba mentality to work hard but not because she has too but because Eissa inspires her.

Sigh. At this point, every major sporting, music, movie event, etc. around the world has been either canceled or postponed. Such a shame; you could tell Janet was looking forward to this era more than she has in a long while n it showed!!! 😳😱 Looking timeless and glowing!!! You could tell she was about to knock our socks off with an explosive rollout (multiple singles, more live performances throughout the year, more amazing music videos like “Made For Now”, a shocking first single, tidbits about the album and it’s visuals, etc.) sigh...

At this point, I think Janet should just make announcement about pushing the project n tour back to September and leave the caption “I promise. I’ll be worth the wait” followed by her icon giggle!!! 😏🤔👀

• Like 1

12 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Gil IS indeed the creative director for this tour. I got confirmation. My wishful thinking was for some fresh fresh new energy ..but... 

*sighs heavily*

Um I could've sworn I already commented on this and you and i had even discussed the production on her 30th anniversary tour and you said the "janet." tour had the best opening ever. Must've been in another thread cause i'm having Dejavu lol

Gil IS indeed the creative director for this tour. I got confirmation. My wishful thinking was for some fresh fresh new energy ..but... 

*sighs heavily*

Well, maybe during this extended wait on things, Janet will find a new creative director?!? 😳😱🤦🏾‍♂️👀 #HopeNotLost

*sighs heavily*

But... didn't he direct Metamorphosis as well? I mean, Meta was pretty innovative, right? 

• Upvote 1